If you have thought about starting a blog there are many options out there. If you want to blog from your mobile (without frustration), then that cuts those options down a little. I’ve tried a few options and the WordPress App is first class in my opinion.
The WordPress App makes ‘on the go’ blogging fun. Certainly its user interface is well thought out, clean and fast. Yes, you can edit on your mobile browser, but its clunky at best. Native apps come in handy when you have limited screen real estate.
The only issue I had setting it up was a dodgy plugin. I couldn’t upload media until I disabled it, which is a common issue in WordPress. However, I’m still very impressed with the app. Many online services and platforms could learn from it. Here is my quick guide to getting setup.
- If you have a self hosted WordPress site then install Jetpack plugin https://en-au.wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/ otherwise just sign up for a WordPress site at https://wordpress.com
- Signup for a WordPress.com account and link your web site. It will actually work without Jetpack and WordPress.com but I found it worked best using these services
- Install the App from the App Store or Google Play
- Fire up the app and login with your WordPress Account
- Start blogging on the go!